Benzyl Benzoate Stop Itch (500ml)
Farriers Stop Itch is used to help maintain healthy skin in horses & donkeys and can be used to treat sweet itch.
Farriers Stop Itch contains 25% Benzyl Benzoate along with Citronella essential oil. This unique formulae has been tried and trusted and has proven to be one of the most effective preventatives and treatments for sweet itch in horses and donkeys. Early detection and treatment is a key factor in combating this complaint.
Apply Stop Itch to all affected areas with fingers or a soft cloth as soon as any problems occur and for the remainder of the season (March to September). To begin with, you should use 75ml twice a day, then reduce to once a day and then to 3-4 times a week as the irritation lessens. You should ensure that all affected areas are kept clean by shampooing and rinsing well at least once a week. After shampooing or exercise, you should reapply Stop Itch to ensure adequate protection.
If your horse is liable to seasonal problems, you should apply once in early spring before the problems occur.
- For external veterinary use only.
- Protective vinyl or rubber gloves should be worn.
- Avoid contact with eyes - if contact should occur rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Harmful if swallowed - do not induce vomiting, seek urgent medical attention showing product label.
- Dispose of empty packaging and any remaining product as household waste - do not recycle used containers.